Friday, November 14, 2008

Two unexpectadly great things happened in wrestling this week

Last night The Motor City Machine Guns cut a promo and I thought Alex Shelley was awesome. Just really great. I'm not a giant TNA guy. I watch it, but I don't follow it very closely - meaning if I miss it, I miss it and I don't really watch their PPVs. So, I haven't really seen much of the Guns. I think Alex Shelley could be a killer heel based on that promo. I rewound it and watched it twice. It wasn't well written (obviously) but Shelley delivered it flawlessly. Chris Sabin on the other hand...Ugh.

The ECW main event pitting Fit Finlay against Matt Hardy for the ECW title was awesome. It's probably TV match of the year. These guys had a real match, you know, a wrestling match. Just a bunch of near falls, a whole lot of finishers and then the two guys shaking hands at the end. Finlay is just so solid and underrated. His style is never going to get super over and he'll never be a world champion, but he's that guy who you can rely on to just kill it in that ring each and every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment